1. PERSONAL INFORMATION MEGATRAX COLLECTS
Megatrax may collection information from you in connection with your use of the Site and/or your use, in any manner, of the production music and/or content (“Content”) on the Site, including, without limitation to the following information.
Profile Information. If you elect to become a registered user of the website, www.megatrax.com, (the “Site”) and establish an account with Megatrax, you will be required to create a username and password (together, the “User ID”) and provide the following information: your name; your company’s name, your email address, mailing address, country and phone number. If you enter into a license agreement with Megatrax, you may also provide additional information at your election, by way of example, your specific location, contacts, your project titles, invoice and billing information, etc.
Activity Information. When you access or use the Site on one or more devices, request information from Megatrax, sign-up for the Megatrax email list, access an offer that Megatrax may provide, fill out a survey, request customer support or otherwise contact Megatrax in any way, Megatrax may collect information including the email address, postal address, and telephone or mobile number you may provide in connection with such activity.
Social Media or Other Third-Party Service Account Information. When you login, access, or otherwise connect the Site to or through a social media or other third-party service (e.g., YouTube, Facebook, Word Press, LinkedIn, Twitter, etc.), Megatrax may collect certain information about you from that service, including your email address, telephone number, birthdate, user ID or username, and password associated with that service. Subject to choices you have made in your registration with, and privacy settings on, such social media or other third-party services, Megatrax may also receive information about you, such as your public profile information, photos, pages you have "liked", and other account and profile data.
Public Information. When you publicly post or share comments, content or other information in connection with Megatrax, the Site, and/or the Content on a social media platform and/or other third-party service, Megatrax may collect information about you that accompanies such posts, including your user ID, or username, email address, and avatar.
Information Autmatically Disclosed. Megatrax may use a variety of technologies such as web beacons, pixel tags, log files, local shared objects, application program interfaces, software development kits, or other technologies to automatically collect certain information about visitors to, and users of, the Site. For example, the information Megatrax may automatically collect may include, but is not limited to:
- Technical and device information, including your browser or device type, unique identifier of any of your computer(s), mobile device(s), or other device(s) used to access or use the Site, IP address, mobile device model, mobile device operating system and streaming URL.
- Usage information, including the date and time you visit the Site, the areas or pages of the Sites that you visit, the amount of time you spend viewing or using the Site, the number of times you return to the Site, other Site or app usage data (such as when you link to a third-party service), and emails or other communications that you open, forward or click-through to our Site, and your interaction with songs, playlists and/or other and related audiovisual content, including, without limitation, the Content you stream and/or download, any Content you add to a project, any Content you request a license and any and all information provided on any such license. If you access your Megatrax account on multiple devices or browsers, Megatrax may associate your usage information across one or more devices with your account.
- Location information, when you access or use the Site, including location information either provided by a mobile device interacting with the Site (including through beacon technologies), or associated with your IP address, where Megatrax is permitted by applicable law.
Megatrax may also use Service Providers to support the Site, better understand how you are using the Site, deliver and improve the Site and related content, personalize your experience, communicate with you and respond to and process your requests and orders, and help Megatrax serve more personalized advertising to you on the Site and third-party sites and apps. Some of these third parties may use technologies such as cookies, web beacons, pixel tags, log files, application program interfaces, or software development kits to receive, collect, and store information about you.
2. USE OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Megatrax may use your personal information for various reasons, including, but not limited to:
- To enhance your experience and provide you with customized content and messaging on the Site, including providing you with personalized content, recommendations about that you might enjoy, and to identify and link to your account across devices that you may use to access the Site;
- To provide you with personalized offers and advertising on and off the Site, including via email, push notifications, or across other websites, mobile applications, devices, social media or third-party services that you use;
- To provide, optimize, measure, or improve the Site, Content, videos, operations and/or technologies used in connection therewith;
- To use your data in an aggregated or de-identified format for analytical, demographic, marketing, or other similar purposes;
- Detect, investigate and prevent activities that may in our sole discretion violate our policies or be illegal;
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and Megatrax; and,
- For other purposes disclosed at the time you provide your information or otherwise with your consent.
Megatrax may also use your personal information, in good faith, in the event Megatrax deems it necessary to protect and/or defend the legal rights and property of Megatrax, Megatrax’s agents, licensees, distributors and/or contractors, to protect the security and safety of the Site and other users, either individually or as a whole, and in order to confirm with the requirements of all applicable laws, without limitation.
3. SHARING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Your personal information may be disclosed as part of a merger, acquisition or sale of Megatrax and/or its assets. Such information may also be disclosed in the event of a bankruptcy, insolvency and/or receivership in any court having jurisdiction thereof.
Megatrax may also disclose aggregate, anonymous or de-identified information about our users and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction, including to third parties for their marketing or analytics uses.
Megatrax also may share your information as disclosed to you at the time of collection with your consent.
Megatrax will use standard security procedures and practices to safeguard your personal information. You acknowledge and agree that there is no degree of security measures that can be taken which can guarantee that any information is completely secure and, as such, Megatrax does not guarantee the security of your personal information. You further acknowledge that you are transmitting your personal information to Megatrax and do so at your own risk. Your User ID protects your user account and you agree to use a unique and strong password, limit access to your computer and/or browser, keep your User ID strictly confidential, change your password periodically, and log out of your account after each use.
You shall be solely responsible for any and all access to the Site and/or use of the content therewith which was done with your User ID, whether or not you are responsible for such access, authorized such access and/or such access was authorized on your behalf. You agree to promptly notify Megatrax in writing of any and all known or suspected unauthorized uses of your User ID and to immediately change your password for your User ID.
Megatrax reserves the right to block, suspend and/or terminate access, use and registration privileges to you and/or any user of the Site if Megatrax believes, in its sole discretion, that the identity of said user may not be valid.
5. Your Account and Profiles
Megatrax may use technology that allows it to recognize you so that you do not need to log-in to your account each time you use the Site. If you no longer want Megatrax to identify you in this manner, you can log-out of your account on the applicable device. You understand that if you allow others to access your Megatrax account, they will be able to view and modify any profiles, projects, and any other setting associated with your account. As the account holder, you are responsible for maintaining the privacy and security of your account, as well as the usage by those with whom you allow shared access.
6. Your Controls and Choices
Megatrax provides you the ability to exercise certain controls and choices regarding its collection, use and sharing of your information in connection with the Site. In accordance with applicable law, such controls and choices may include:
When you register for the Site, you may choose to receive emails from Megatrax with updates, offers, and other information related to your account with Megatrax. If you do not want to receive such emails you may uncheck the box allowing for the delivery of such notification or you may click on the unsubscribe link in the footer of any email. Even if you unsubscribe from receiving such marketing emails, Megatrax may still send you transactional emails.
Online Tracking and Advertising
Certain parts of the services and the Site require the use of tracking technologies, such as Web beacons. You are free to adjust your browser and/or operating system settings to limit certain tracking, but by doing so, you may not be able to use certain features in the Site or take full advantage of all of our offerings. Please refer to your browser's or operating system's website "Help" section for more information on how to control your tracking preferences.
Megatrax may use certain technologies to deliver more relevant advertising and to link data collected across other computers or devices that you may use. To understand your choices for receiving more relevant advertising or to manage your online tracking or advertising preferences, please review the information below:
- Megatrax adheres to the DAA's Self-Regulatory Principles for Online Behavioral Advertising. You may choose not to receive targeted advertising from many ad networks, data exchanges, marketing analytics and other service providers, by visiting the Digital Advertising Alliance's (DAA) opt-out page at http://www.aboutads.info/choices, or the DAA's AppChoices tool at http://youradchoices.com/appchoices.
- On your mobile device, you may also adjust your privacy and advertising settings to control whether you want to receive more relevant advertising.
Changing your online tracking or advertising preferences will not impact collection, use, or sharing of information by Megatrax for other purposes, such as those relating to the access, processing, fulfillment or delivery of the Content.
Your California Privacy Rights
If you are a California resident, you may request information about the disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. Pursuant to California Civil Code Section 1798.83(c)(2), Megatrax does not share your personal information with third parties for their direct marketing purposes unless you provide your consent to such sharing. To make a request for information about our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes, please contact Megatrax at 7629 Fulton Avenue, North Hollywood, California 91605, Attn: Business Affairs. You must put the statement "Your California Privacy Rights" in the subject field. Megatrax is not responsible for notices that are not labeled or sent improperly, or do not have complete information.
7. THIRD-PARTY CONTENT, LINKS AND PLUG-INS
The Site may contain links to other sites and applications not owned or controlled by Megatrax and as such, Megatrax is not responsible for the privacy practices of those sites and applications. Megatrax encourages you to be aware when you leave the Site and to read the privacy policies of other sites and applications that may collect your personal information.
9. CONTACT INFORMATION
Name: Business Affairs Department
Address: 7629 Fulton Avenue, North Hollywood, California 91605
Phone Number: (818) 255-7100
These Terms and Conditions were last updated on March 19, 2018.